LegalShield Plan Benefits
Up to 50 hours available each year. Unlimited topics, personal or business even on pre-existing conditions
24/7 Emergency Assistance
After-hours legal consultation for covered legal emergencies such as: if you’re arrested or detained, if you’re seriously injured, if you’re served with a warrant, or if the state tries to take your child(ren).
Letters and Phone Calls on Your Behalf
Available at the discretion of your Provider Lawyer
Legal Document Review (up to 10 pages each)
Up to five Contracts/documents reviewed per year, up to 10 pages each
Standard Will Preparation and Power of Attorney
- Standard Will with yearly reviews/updates
- Available to covered family members for $20
- Other documents available: Living Will, Healthcare Power of Attorney
Motor Vehicle Legal Services
- Available 15 days after enrollment
- Available only if member has a valid driver’s license and is driving a properly licensed personal motor vehicle
- Moving Traffic Violations
- Accidents: Help with defense for charges of manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, negligent
homicide, or vehicular homicide
- Damage recovery, Driver’s License Issues & Personal Legal Injury Assistance (up to 2.5 hours of attorney time, up to $2,000 per claim)
IRS Audit Legal Services
- One hour of consultation, advice or assistance when you are notified of an audit by the IRS
- An additional 2.5 hours if a settlement is not achieved within 30 days
- If your case goes to court, you’ll receive 46.5 hours of your Provider Law Firms services
- Coverage for this service begins with the tax return due April 15 of the year you enroll
Assistance if you or your spouse is named defendant or respondent in a covered civil or job-related criminal action filed in court.
Your LegalShield Plan Covers:
- The member
- The member's spouse
- Never-married dependent children under 21 living at home
- Dependent children under age 18 for whom the member is legal guardian
- Full-time college students up to age 23; never married, dependent children
- Physically or mentally challenged children living at home
Additional Information: It is up to the Provider Lawyer’s professional judgment as to whether or not your claim, defense or legal position will prevail in court or is frivolous/without merit. Emergency services are subject to conditions imposed by the detaining/questioning authority.
25% off additional legal services: You may continue to use your Provider Law Firm for legal situations that extend beyond plan coverage. The additional services are 25% off a special capped rate. Your Provider Law Firm will let you know when the 25% discount applies and go over these fees with you.
The following are covered only under your 25% discount:
- Lawsuits filed due to conditions that were foreseeable prior to enrollment.
- Charges of DUI/DWI, drug-related matters, hit-and-run, leaving the scene of an accident, unmeritorious cases, issues resulting from operating a commercial vehicle with more than two axles.
- Bankruptcy, divorce, separation, annulment, child custody, other divorce-related matters.
- If you are named in a civil lawsuit or have criminal charges filed against you because you are listed as an owner, manager or associate of the business and had no direct involvement with the act or matter that gave rise to the lawsuit or criminal charge.
- Garnishment, attachment, other appeals.
- Charges of Tax Fraud or income tax evasions, Trust returns, business (including Schedule C) and/or corporate tax returns, payroll and information returns, partnerships, corporation returns or portions thereof that are included in the member’s tax returns, or services rendered by an enrolled agent.
This is a general overview of your legal plan coverage for illustration purposes only. See a plan contract for complete terms, coverage, amounts, conditions and exclusions.
Please note, class actions, interventions or amicus curiae filings in which you are a part or potential part are not covered by the LegalShield membership.
Expanded LegalShield Plan
If you feel more susceptible to lawsuits or just desire to have more trial benefit hours available to you, we offer an expanded plan.
For an additional $9 a month, your trial benefits will begin with 75 hours of attorney time available to you in your first year [17.5 hours of pre-trial time + 57.5 hours of trial time]. This is an additional 15 hours of pre-trial time than the regular plan offers. Remember, your pre-trial hours are those hours when your attorney is researching and preparing for your case. So these hours can be crucial to the outcome of your lawsuit.
Identity Theft ShieldSM
(Member & Spouse)
- Conveniently log in to our secure website for access to your up-to-date credit report based on data from Experian.
Personal Credit Score with Analysis
- In addition to your credit report, we also provide a detailed analysis of your Personal Credit Score with your first credit report.
Continuous Monitoring with Activity Alerts
- Activate continuous credit monitoring via our secure website.
- Your Experian credit file will be monitored continuously.
- Email alerts will notify you of any activity on your credit file. This email will direct you to our secure site where you can log in to view the alert data.
Identity Restoration Services
The experts in identity theft restoration will step in and take over the restoration process for you, should you face an identity theft issue. They will customize the solution and work on your behalf to correct identity theft issues with affected agencies and institutions.
- Fraud alert notifications will be sent to all three national credit repositories.
- Proactive searches of local and national databases for any activity in your name that you may not be aware of.
Safeguard for MinorsSM
- Valuable information on credit education for minors, advice on the best practices for the use of a child's Social Security Number and personal identifying information, and more.
Monitoring and Alerts
- Monitor for the existence of a credit file in your child's name.
- Receive alerts if any credit files are found.
- Consult the experts on any identity theft questions or concerns regarding child identity theft.
Identity Restoration Services
- The experts will take immediate action to correct any damages caused by identity theft. This includes but is not limited to: placing alerts, disputing fraudulent accounts, providing available credit reports, and assisting with obtaining a police report.
Everything you would expect with great identity theft services, PLUS coverage for your children and expert identity-restoration services.
Identity Theft Service Exclusions
- Legal Remedy
Any Stolen Identity Event where the victim is unwilling to prosecute the person who caused the victim to suffer the fraud or its consequences.
- Dishonest Acts
Any dishonest, criminal, malicious or fraudulent acts, if the Member(s) that suffered the fraud personally participated in, directed or had knowledge of such acts.
- Financial Loss
Membership Services do not cover any financial losses attributed to the Stolen Identity Event, including but not limited to, money stolen from a wallet, unauthorized purchases of retail goods or services online, by phone, mail or direct.
- Pre-existing Stolen Identity Event Limitations
If either the victim had knowledge of, or reasonably should have had knowledge of, the pre-existing Stolen Identity Event based on information provided to them prior to enrollment in the program.
A covered Stolen Identity Event does not include the theft or unauthorized or illegal use of their business name, DBA or any other method of identifying their business activity.
Identity theft services provided by Kroll, Inc. The world's leading risk consulting company with almost 40 years of experience in security and risk mitigation.